Summary: This interactive casebook provides professionals with hands-on case activities for current and emerging issues in the audit profession. It offers a varied collection of 28 realistic auditing cases that address all aspects and most major activities performed during the conduct of an audit -- from client acceptance to issuance of an audit report. Features cases involving actual frauds and real companies; cases involving the performance of audit procedures and examin
ation of audit evidence; cases involving information technology, assurance services, and other value added opportunities; and more.
Summary: This interactive casebook provides professionals with hands-on case activities for current and emerging issues in the audit profession. It offers a varied collection of 28 realistic auditing cases that address all aspects and most major activities performed during the conduct of an audit -- from client acceptance to issuance of an audit report. Features cases involving actual frauds and real companies; cases involving the performance of audit procedures and examination of audit evidence; cases involving information technology, assurance services, and other value added opportunities; and more. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:00 Cover: Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Year Published: 2000 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Evaluating IT Benefits and Risks and Identifying Assurance Services Opportunities.
2. A Day in the Life of Brent Dorsey: Staff Auditor Professional Pressures.
3. Nathan Johnson's Rental Car Reimbursement: Solving Ethical Dilemmas, Should He Pocket the Cash?
4. The Anonymous Caller: Recognizing It is a Fraud and Evaluating What to Do.
5. Phar-Mor, Inc.: Accounting Fraud, Litigation, and Auditor Liability.
6. The Runners Shop: Litigation Support Review of Audit Working Papers for Notes Payable.
7. Ocean Manufacturing: The New Client Acceptance Decision.
8. Comptronix Corporation: Identifying Inherent Risk and Control Factors.
9. Flash Technologies, Inc.: Risk Analysis and Resolution of Client Issues.
10. Easy Clean, Co.: Evaluation of Internal Control Environment.
11. Cendant Corporation: Evaluating the Risk of Financial Statement Fraud and Assessing the Control Environment.
12. Red Bluff Inn & Cafe: Establishing Effective Internal Control in a Small Business.
13. St. James Clothiers: Evaluation of Manual and IT-Based Sales Accounting System Risks.
14. Collins Harp Enterprises: Assessing IT Risks and Recommending General Controls.
15. Dell Computer Corporation: Determination of Planning Materiality and Tolerable Misstatement.
16. Laramie Wire Manufacturing: Using Analytical Procedures in Audit Planning.
17. Burlington Bees: Using Analytical Procedures as Substantive Tests.
18. Henrico Retail, Inc.: Understanding the IT Accounting System and Identifying the Audit Evidence for Retail Sales.
19. Southeast Shoe Distributor, Inc.: Identification of Tests of Controls for the Revenue Cycle Sales and Cash Receipts.
20. Southeast Shoe Distributor, Inc.: Identification of Substantive Tests for the Revenue Cycle Sales and Cash Receipts.
21. . Southeast Shoe Distributor, Inc.: Selection of Audit Tests and Risk Assessment for the Revenue Cycle Sales and Cash Receipts.
22. Southeast Shoe Distributor, Inc.: Performance of Tests of Transactions for the Expenditure Cycle Acquisitions and Cash Disbursements.
23 Southeast Shoe Distributor, Inc.: Performance of Tests of Balances for the Expenditure Cycle Acquisitions and Cash Disbursements.
24. EyeMax Corporation: Evaluation of Audit Differences.
25. Auto Parts, Inc.: Considering Materiality When Evaluating Accounting Policies and Footnote Disclosures.
26. K&K, Inc.: Leveraging Audit Insights to Provide Value-Added Services.
27. Surfer Dude Duds, Inc.: Considering the Going Concern Assumption.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.