Summary: The updated guide to five-star bar and beverage managementEdition/Copyright: 4TH 07
It takes more than top-shelf cocktails to produce a successful beverage operation. From a stand-alone business to the beverage department of a restaurant, hotel, or foodservice operation, today's successful bar operations must be run by managers who have product and equipment knowledge, management savvy, marketing skills, insight into the latest trends, and, of course, a strong grasp of mixology--all o ...show moref which are detailed here in The Bar and Beverage Book. This revised Fourth Edition has the most up-to-date material on managing a beverage operation, bar equipment, sanitation and bar setup, inventory control, and the importance of planning for profit.
This edition includes new material and expert advice on :
The Bar and Beverage Book, Fourth Edition is an invaluable resource for students in the beverage management and hospitality fields, as well as professionals involved in beverage operations. ...show less
- Responsible alcohol service--learn crisis management, protection from third-party liability, and ways to ensure customers drink in moderation
- Marketing--investigate new service methods to attract a wider demographic
- Staffing--improve the recruitment, hiring, and training of employees
- Spirits, wine, and beer--acquire a greater knowledge of upscale products
- Management practices--learn methods for pricing individual drinks, tracking product, preventing loss, and calculating a bar's break-even point for profitability
- Regulations--stay informed about the latest legal issues
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Other Editions of Bar and Beverage Book: