Summary: Professors who want to educate their students on the basics of administrative law, and launch them into their careers, find Basic Administrative Law for Paralegals the definitive one-stop resource. Now in its third edition, this valuable book brings students up to date with case studies, cements their learning with entertaining exercises, and gives them proven advice and resources for the job hunt.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 07
These key features make the book a one-of-a-kind resource: ...show more
New to the Third Edition:
- provides thorough coverage, beginning with how administrative agencies are created and structured, then such key topics as agency discretion; rules and regulations; clients rights; investigations; informal and formal proceedings; and judicial review
- includes extensive pedagogy, with chapter summaries, key terms, review questions; illustrative charts, figures and examples.
- provides learning-friendly end-of-chapter activities, such as crossword puzzles, fill-in-the-blank exercises, and web resources.
- advanced studies sections provide more in-depth exercises and research projects
- focuses on paralegal skills and careers, covering professional skills such as researching and case preparation
- final chapter details information on career opportunities in both the private and public sectors
- includes instructor s manual with exercises, answers, a complete test bank, and PowerPoint slides
- electronic workbook which focuses on Internet access; exercises for laws, rules, and agencies; and current topics on agency websites and agency organization.
- new cases and updated U.S. Code sections
- new agency bureaus and titles created post 9/11
- revamped advanced studies sections, making the projects and documents more accessible
- a listing of pertinent URLs for speedier Internet access to supplement research projects
- updated government forms
- a guide to Internet access for government records, such as the Federal Register
Publisher: Aspen Law
Year Published: 2007