Summary: BASIC FINANCE: AN INTRODUCTION TO INVESTMENTS, INSTITUTIONS, AND MANAGEMENT 9/e. provides an introduction to the three primary aspects of Finance and examines how these three areas (financial institutions, investments, and management) interrelate. Each chapter is a concise treatment of one or two specific concepts/institutions. Each chapter is a self-contained unit, that is a "module" or "mini-chapter." An instructor could cover a chapter in a cla ...show moress period.Edition/Copyright: 9TH 07
- NEW! Expanded material in the appendix on Time Value of Money. Since this topic is always the most difficult concept to grasp for students, repeated exposure in the context of book content and pedagogical elements will increase student's understanding.
- NEW! Excel Appendixes: Excel examples are pulled into an appendix for a one stop resource for students with weaker Excel skills.
- NEW! Applicable numerical illustrations in the margin, especially for time value of money.
- Derivatives chapter adds sophistication and breadth to this entry-level text.
- Time Value of Money chapter uses three approaches to convey this important topic: interest tables, financial calculator, and investment analysis calculator software.
- Text facilitates learning through the use of learning objectives, number problems, cases, illustrations that employ financial calculators, and succinct explanations.
- Marginal Internet references and calculator solutions encourage students to use technology in solving financial problems.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Basic Finance : An Introduction to Financial Institutions, Investments and Management: