Summary: The bestselling LPN/LVN geriatric nursing textbook, Basic Geriatric Nursing, 5th Edition covers age-appropriate nursing interventions in a variety of health care settings. It includes the theories and concepts of aging, covers expected physiologic and psychosocial changes, and highlights delegation, coordinated care, end-of-life care, patient teaching, quality of life, safety, and home care. This edition is updated with the latest issues and trends in geriatric nursing, includ ...show moreing changes to the health care system and demographics. Part of the popular LPN Threads series, Gloria Hoffman Wold's text provides a clear and compassionate introduction to geriatric care. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 12
- Complete coverage of key topics includes baby boomers and the impact of their aging on the health care system, therapeutic communication, cultural considerations, spiritual influences, evidence-based practice in geriatric nursing, and elder abuse, restraints, and ethical and legal issues in end-of-life care.
- UNIQUE! Delegation, leadership, and management content is integrated throughout.
- Nursing Process sections provide a framework for the discussion of the nursing care of the elderly patient as related to specific disorders.
- UNIQUE! A FREE Study Guide in the back of the book reinforces understanding with scenario-based clinical activities and practice questions.
- UNIQUE! Nursing interventions are numbered and grouped according to health care setting (e.g., acute care, extended care, home care), in a patient-centered approach emphasizing the unique needs of the older adult.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Care Plans with critical thinking questions help in understanding how a care plan is developed, how to evaluate care of a patient, and how to apply your knowledge to clinical scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking boxes help you to assimilate and synthesize information. ...show less
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Other Editions of Basic Geriatric Nursing: