Summary: Tailored to the specific needs of paralegal students, Basic Legal Writing for Paralegals, Third Edition offers a modern approach to effective legal writing. The authors provide comprehensive coverage in a readable, accessible format.
Focused exclusively on legal writing material relevant to paralegals, Basic Legal Writing for Paralegals provides:
* An overview of the legal system that contextualizes the different types of writing covered in the te ...show morext
* Step-by-step instruction on the writing process, leading students through each stage of legal writing, from prewriting strategies to revising
* Thorough coverage of the IRAC method, how to synthesize cases and authorities, legal memoranda, persuasive writing, in-house and objective client documents, and letters
* A practical approach that focuses on the paralegal's actual role in the law office
* Excellent pedagogy for students, including examples, exhibits, expert writing tips, exercises, practice tips, ethics alerts, and web resources
* Detailed subheadings that offer quick access to topics
* Helpful appendices on citation and sample legal memoranda
* An in-depth Instructor's Manual with sample syllabi, sample tests and memos, as well as discussion topics and in-class exercises
New to the Third Edition:
* A revised chapter on Case Briefing is more accessible and now includes additional exercises on briefing cases
* Websites are updated throughout
* New Net Notes and Practice Pointers keep the book fresh and up-to-date
* The updated citation appendix reflects the 18th edition of the Bluebook and the 3rd edition of the ALWD Citation Manual and includes new citation exercises ...show less
17 more offers below.