Summary: Focusing on basic word building skills, Basic Medical Language, 4th Edition provides the foundation of medical vocabulary you need to communicate with other health care team members. It explains a carefully selected group of suffixes, prefixes, and word roots to give you a basis for learning and understanding hundreds of medical terms. Clear, illustrated lessons present terms by body system, introducing word parts and providing exercises that ask you to define terms or combin ...show moree word parts to create terms. Written by expert educators Myrna LaFleur Brooks and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, this text also simplifies medical terminology with online learning activities, games, and quizzes. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 13
- Over 200 flash cards packaged free with the text make it easier to memorize terms.
- Clear, conversational approach makes it easier to learn and understand medical terminology.
- Integrated exercises test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
- Time Out review sections are included after every four chapters to provide the opportunity to review material at regular intervals.
- Evolve resources include activities, games, an audio program, a 5,000-term English/Spanish med term glossary, and gradable, e-mailable quizzes.
- FYI boxes offer practical information and interesting med term facts.
- NEW terms and definitions keep you up to date with the latest healthcare procedures and advances.
- NEW electronic health record documents provide exposure to the EHRs you will encounter in practice.
- NEW and updated illustrations show difficult terms and procedures more clearly.
- NEW! Gradable exercises on the Evolve companion website allow quick assessment of your understanding and can be easily e-mailed to instructors.
- NE ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2013
Other Editions of Basic Medical Language-With Flashcards: