on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: This time-tested nursing pharmacology text is known for its concise drug monographs and nursing process coverage, extensive use of color, student-friendly approach, and emphasis on health promotion through medication monitoring and patient education. The 13th edition also brings the same clinical accuracy that users have come to expect from Clayton & Stock. Plus, there are plenty of new features and updates, including the latest FDA approvals and withdrawals, new ...show more chapters, and a new student CD-ROM included in every book. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
Clayton, Bruce D. : Butler University
Bruce D. Clayton, BS, RPh, Pharm D, Professor of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Butler University. Indianapolis, IN.
Stock, Yvonne N. :
Yvonne N. Stock, BSN, RN, MS, Omaha, NE.
PART 1 PRINCIPLES OF BASIC PHARMACOLOGY
Unit 1 Foundations of Pharmacology
1. Definitions, Names, Standards, and Information Sources
2. Principles of Drug Action and Drug Interactions
3. Drug Action Across the Life Span
4. The Nursing Process and Pharmacology
5. Patient Education and Health Promotion
Unit 2 Illustrated Atlas of Medication Administration and Math Review
6. A Review of Arithmetic
7. Principles of Medication Administration
8. Percutaneous Administration
9. Enteral Administration
10. Parenteral Administration : Safe Preparation of Parenteral Medications NEW!
11. Parenteral Administration: Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Administration NEW!
12. Parenteral Administration: Intravenous Therapy NEW!
PART TWO APPLICATION OF THE NURSING PROCESS TO PHARMACOLOGY
Unit 3 Drugs Affecting the Autonomic and Central Nervous Systems
13. Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System
15. Drugs Used for Parkinson's Disease
16. Drugs Used for Anxiety Disorders
17. Drugs Used for Mood Disorders
18. Drugs Used for Psychosis
19. Drugs Used for Seizure Disorders
20. Drugs Used for Pain Management
Unit 4 Drugs Affecting the Cardiovascular System
21. Drugs Used to Treat Hyperlipidemias
22. Drugs Used to Treat Hypertension
23. Drugs Used to Treat Heart Failure
24. Drugs Used to Treat Arrhythmias
25. Drugs Used to Treat Angina Pectoris
26. Drugs Used to Treat Peripheral Vascular Disease
27. Drugs Used for Diuresis
28. Drugs Used to Treat Thromboembolic Disorders
Unit 5 Drugs Used to Treat Disorders of the Respiratory System
29. Drugs Used to Treat Upper Respiratory Disease
30. Drugs Used to Treat Lower Respiratory Disease
Unit 6 Drugs Affecting the Digestive System
31. Drugs Used to Treat Oral Disorders
32. Drugs Used to Treat Gastroesophageal Reflux and Peptic Ulcer Disease
33. Drugs Used to Treat Nausea and Vomiting
34. Drugs Used to Treat Constipation and Diarrhea
Unit 7 Drugs Affecting the Endocrine System
35. Drugs Used to Treat Diabetes Mellitus
36. Drugs Used to Treat Thyroid Disease
38. Gonadal Hormones
Unit 8 Drugs Affecting the Reproductive System
39. Drugs Used in Obstetrics
40. Drugs Used in Men's and Women's Health
Unit 9 Drugs Affecting Other Body Systems
41. Drugs Used to Treat Disorders of the Urinary System
42. Drugs Used to Treat Glaucoma and Other Eye Disorders
43. Drugs Affecting Neoplasms
44. Drugs Used to Treat the Muscular System
45. Antimicrobial Agents
47. Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy
48. Substance Abuse NEW!
49. Miscellaneous Agents
A. Prescription Abbreviations
B. Medical Abbreviations
C. Nomogram for Calculating the Body Surface Area of Adults and Children
D. Commonly Used Laboratory Test and Drug Values
E. Recommended Childhood Immunization Schedule -- United States, January-December 2003
F. MedWatch Drug Reporting Form
G. Dyskinesia Identification System: Condensed User Scale (DISCUS)
H. A Simple Method to Determine Tardive Dyskinesia Symptoms: AIMS Examination Procedure
I. Templates for Developing a Written Record for Patients to Monitor Their Own Therapy Bibliography Glossary
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.