Summary: Basic Pharmacology for Nurses, 14th edition, is a contemporary classic nursing pharmacology textbook known for its impeccably accurate drug content and its practical applications of the nursing process. A consistent emphasis on health promotion through medication monitoring and patient education is a hallmark of the book. Introductory units ground the reader in basic principles of pharmacology and medication administration, and subsequent body-system units apply the nur
sing process to every major disorder and drug class to promote safe medication administration.
Summary: Basic Pharmacology for Nurses, 14th edition, is a contemporary classic nursing pharmacology textbook known for its impeccably accurate drug content and its practical applications of the nursing process. A consistent emphasis on health promotion through medication monitoring and patient education is a hallmark of the book. Introductory units ground the reader in basic principles of pharmacology and medication administration, and subsequent body-system units apply the nursing process to every major disorder and drug class to promote safe medication administration. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:14TH 07 Cover: Paperback Publisher:C.V. Mosby Co. Year Published: 2007 International: No
View Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: FOUNDATIONS OF PHARMACOLOGY
1. Definitions, Names, Standards, and Information Sources 2. Principles of Drug Action and Drug Interactions 3. Drug Action Across the Life Span 4. The Nursing Process and Pharmacology 5. Patient Education and Health Promotion
UNIT TWO: ILLUSTRATED ATLAS OF MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION AND MATH REVIEW
6. A Review of Arithmetic 7. Principles of Medication Administration 8. Percutaneous Administration 9. Enteral Administration 10. .Parenteral Administration: Safe Preparation of Parenteral Medications 11. Parenteral Administration: Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Routes 12. Parenteral Administration: Intravenous Route
UNIT THREE: DRUGS AFFECTING THE AUTONOMIC AND CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEMS
13. Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System 14. Sedative-Hypnotics 15. Drugs Used for Parkinson?s Disease 16. Drugs Used for Anxiety Disorders 17. Drugs Used for Mood Disorders 18. Drugs Used for Psychoses 19. Drugs Used for Seizure Disorders 20. Drugs Used for Pain Management
UNIT FOUR: DRUGS AFFECTING THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
21. Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolic Syndrome? NEW! 22. Drugs Used to Treat Dyslipidemias 23. Drugs Used to Treat Hypertension 24. Drugs Used to Treat Dysrhythmias 25. Drugs Used to Treat Angina Pectoris 26. Drugs Used to Treat Peripheral Vascular Disease 27. Drugs Used to Treat Thromboembolic Disorders 28. Drugs Used to Treat Heart Failure 29. Drugs Used for Diuresis
UNIT FIVE: DRUGS USED TO TREAT DISORDERS OF THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
30. Drugs Used to Treat Upper Respiratory Disease 31. Drugs Used to Treat Lower Respiratory Disease
UNIT SIX: DRUGS AFFECTING THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
32. Drugs Used to Treat Oral Disorders 33. Drugs Used to Treat Gastroesophageal Reflux and Peptic Ulcer Diseases 34. Drugs Used to Treat Nausea and Vomiting 35. Drugs Used to Treat Constipation and Diarrhea
UNIT SEVEN: DRUGS AFFECTING THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
36. Drugs Used to Treat Diabetes Mellitus 37. Drugs Used to Treat Thyroid Disease 38. Corticosteroids 39. Gonadal Hormones
UNIT EIGHT: DRUGS AFFECTING THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
40. Drugs Used in Obstetrics 41. Drugs Used in Men?s and Women?s Health
UNIT NINE: DRUGS AFFECTING OTHER BODY SYSTEMS
42. Drugs Used to Treat Disorders of the Urinary System 43. Drugs Used to Treat Glaucoma and Other Eye Disorders 44. Drugs Affecting Neoplasms 45. Drugs Used to Treat the Muscular System 46. Antimicrobial Agents 47. Nutrition 48. Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy 49. Substance Abuse 50. Miscellaneous Agents
Nomogram for Calculating the Body Surface Area of Adults and Children
Order this book in the next 2 days, 7 hours and 20 minutes and it ships by Noon CT Monday!
New Currently Sold Out
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.