Table of Contents Introduction: Statistical Thinking
PART 1. UNDERSTANDING DATA 1. Examining Distributions Introduction 1.1 Displaying Distributions with Graphs 1.2 Describing Distributions with Numbers 1.3 The Normal Distributions 1.4 Statistics in Summary
2. Examining Relationships Introduction 2.1 Scatterplots 2.2 Correlation 2.3 Least-Square Regression 2.4 Causations About Correlation and Regression 2.5 Relations in Categorical Data* 2.6 Statistics in Summary
3. Producing Data Introduction 3.1 Designing Samples 3.2 Designing Experiments 3.3 Statistics in Summary
PART 2. UNDERSTANDING INFERENCE 4. Probability and Sampling Distributions Introduction 4.1 Randomness 4.2 Probability Models 4.3 Sampling Distributions 4.4 Control Charts (available on The Basic Practice of Statistics CD-ROM) 4.5 Statistics in Summary
5. Probability Theory* Introduction 5.1 General Probability Rules 5.2 The Binomial Distributions 5.3 Conditional Probability 5.4 Statistics in Summary 5.5 Control Charts (available on the CD-ROM only)
6. Introduction to Inference Introduction 6.1 Estimating with Confidence 6.2 Tests of Significance 6.3 Using Significance Tests 6.4 Error Probabilities and Power* 6.5 Statistics in Summary
7. Inference for Distributions Introduction 7.1 Inference for the Mean of a Population 7.2 Comparing Two Means 7.3 Inference for Population Spread 7.4 Statistics in Summary
8. Inference for Proportions Introduction 8.1 Inference for a Population Proportion 8.2 Comparing Two Proportions 8.3 Statistics in Summary
PART 3. TOPICS IN INFERENCE 9. Inference for Two-Way Tables Introduction Statistics in Summary
10. One-Way Analysis of Variance: Comparing Several Means Introduction Statistics in Summary
11. Inference for Regression Introduction Statistics in Summary
12. Nonparametric Tests (available on the CD-ROM only)
Notes and Data Sources Tables A Standard normal probabilities B Random digits C t distribution critical values D F distribution critical values E Chi-square distribution critical values
Barnes & Noble.com Various Shipping Locations, USA
Brand new, ships from the closest shipping location to your shipping address!
$168.90 +$3.99 s/h
indoo Avenel, NJ
$179.69 +$3.99 s/h
PaperbackshopUS Secaucus, NJ
New Book. Shipped from US within 4 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.