Summary: Basic Reading Power, Second Edition, by Beatrice S. Mikulecky and Linda Jeffries, is a student-centered reading skills textbook with a process approach to reading improvement. Its unique structure, featuring four key sections used oncurrently, helps beginning-level students (with a vocabulary of 300 words) to become better readers in school, college, or business. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 04
New to the Second Edition:
- Reading for Pleasure encourages students t ...show moreo master new reading strategies and broaden their vocabulary.
- Comprehension Skills emphasizes strategic reading skills, such as skimming, making inferences, recognizing topics, and understanding sentences.
- Vocabulary Building offers strategies for learning new words, including personalized vocabulary lists, using context clues, and expanding categories of words.
- Thinking Skills provides targeted practice in inference and analytical skills.
Test booklets contain reproducible black line masters to be used as additional practice or to test reading skills presented in the student books. ...show less
- A two-color design featuring index tabs for easy navigation
- An expanded Teacher's Guide with sample syllabus
- Updated content, additional readings, and a unit on identifying word parts
Publisher: Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2004