Summary: Ideal for an Introductory Conversation course when paired with the core text (Basic Spanish), this worktext contains two Lecciones preliminares (preliminary lessons) to correlate with Basic Spanish in structure and content and features a Para leer y entender reading comprehension section that ties together the themes, vocabulary, and structures of the preceding five lessons.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 06
- Applied presentation features ...show morerealistic dialogues, personalized questions, situational role-plays, and realia-based activities that correspond grammatically with those in Basic Spanish.
- Practical, specialized vocabulary includes terms essential for communicating in everyday situations, and Un paso más sections that offer additional vocabulary practice and realia-based activities.
- Cultural focus highlights Hispanic customs and traditions relevant to the subject matter of the lesson, in Notas culturales sections.
- Comprehension checks begin with comprehension questions on the dialogues in the Dígame section that follows the vocabulary lists in each worktext, and end with pair activities in the Hablemos section for immediate reinforcement.
- Convenient pocket Phrasebook provides students and professionals with a handy reference for real-life and on-the-job situations. It contains vocabulary and phrases arranged alphabetically, specific to the worktext.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2006