Presenting vocabulary and themes essential to social services professionals or those planning a career in this field, this worktext presents situations along with key current vocabulary, practical reference information, written from a cross-cultural perspective.
- Applied presentation features realistic dialogues, personalized questions, situational role-plays, and realia-based activities that correspond grammatically with those in Basic Spanish.
- Practical, specialized vocabulary includes terms essential for communicating in social services settings, and Un paso más sections that offer additional vocabulary practice and realia-based activities.
- Cultural focus highlights Hispanic customs and traditions relevant to the subject matter of the lesson, in Notas culturales sections.
- Comprehension checks begin with comprehension questions on the dialogues in the Dígame section that follows the vocabulary lists in the worktext, and end with pair activities in the Hablemos section for immediate reinforcement.
- Convenient Phrasebooks provide vocabulary words and phrases found in the worktext for quick, on-the-job reference.