Summary: The material in this user-friendly text is presented as simply as possible to ensure that students will gain a solid understanding of statistical procedures and analysis.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 07
The goal of this book is to demystify and present statistics in a clear, cohesive manner. The student is presented with rules of evidence and the logic behind those rules. The book is divided into three major units: Descriptive Statistics, Inferential Statistics, and Advanced Topics in Infere ...show morential Statistics.
- Written in an easy-to-read, engaging literary style with many new and interesting examples to hold student interest.
- Includes definitions of key concepts in the glossary to prevent student confusion over terminology.
- Provides a convenient summary at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning.
- More than 400 problems and test questions throughout the text allow students to apply what they have learned.
- Introduces students to the language of research methodology and the basics of research reasoning (Ch. 9) prior to commencing work on any inferential techniques, such as the independent t or Pearson r.
- Provides methods for finding percentiles in Chapter 5.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Basic Statistical Analysis: