Summary: The material in this user-friendly text is presented as simply as possible to ensure that students will gain a solid understanding of statistical procedures and analysis. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 03
The goal of this book is to demystify and present statistics in a clear, cohesive manner. The student is presented with rules of evidence and the logic behind those rules. The book is divided into three major units: Descriptive Statistics, Inferential Statistics, and Advanced Topics in In ...show moreferential Statistics.
New To This Edition :
- Written in an easy-to-read, engaging literary style with many new and interesting examples to grab students' attention and hold their interest.
- Includes definitions of key concepts in the glossary to prevent student confusion over terminology.
- Provides a convenient summary at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning.
- More than 400 problems and test questions throughout the text allow students to apply what they have learned.
- Introduces students to the language of research methodology and the basics of research reasoning (Ch. 9) prior to commencing work on any inferential techniques, such as the independent t or Pearson r.
- Provides methods for finding percentiles in Chapter 5.
- Now covers the popular SPSS statistical program to increase statistical sophistication of today's students. This edition has been re-written to fit with SPSS, and an appendix has been included to provide students with a complete user's guide to this program.
- Extensive updating has led to new examples from the fields of psychology, law enforcement, health sciences, education, and sociology.
- All problems now have research basis and include a full write-up of the conclusions to help students.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Basic Statistical Analysis / With CD and SPSS for Windows: