Summary: This comprehensive introduction to basic steel design -- tension members, beams, columns under axial load, members under combined forces, connections, plate girders, continuous beams and frames, and composite construction -- reflects the most recent design specifications and load codes, and features an abundance of examples, flow-diagrams, and problems. Edition/Copyright: 96
- NEW--updates all discussions, flow-diagrams, example ...show mores, and problems to reflect the second edition (1994) of the LRFD specifications of the AISC.
- NEW--explains the LRFD philosophy and introduces the new design methodology.
- NEW--features a completely revised chapter on Columns Under Combined Stress.
- NEW--relocates coverage of load and resistance factor design to chapters on the basic steel structure, eams, and plate girders.
- NEW--adds a discussion on ponding and vibration as special topics in beam design.
- Includes a chapter on computer-aided technology.
- Contains many examples.
- Features flow-diagrams that make programming and applications to spread-sheets easier.
- NEW--features 20% new problems and reworks all existing problems.
- presents problems in SI units.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1996