Summary: Becoming Interdisciplinary introduces students to the foundations of interdisciplinary studies and helps students seek a better understanding of themselves. Students are asked to refect on their lives, their reasons for majoring in interdisciplinary studies, and their intellectual interests so they can make better decisions.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 06
This text is written for undergraduates in an extremely readable style that introduces students to the importance of interdisciplinary ...show more research and problem solving. It includes readings in interdisciplinary studies and incorporates examples from current events to increase understanding of the material.
Students will learn how to answer the following questions:
Special features of this book include the following:
- What are interdisciplinary studies?
- What are some characteristics of interdisciplinarians?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a degree in interdisciplinary studies?
- What can I do with a degree in interdisciplinary studies?
This is a comprehensive guide that allows students to integrate the personal, the educational, and the professional to gain a meaningful understanding of interdisciplinarity fundamentals. ...show less
- Definitions of major terms by leading scholars of interdisciplinary studies.
- A background history of how interdisciplinary studies programs emerged.
- Numerous experiential learning class activities, such as a metaphor top-ten list and a mock trial on interdisciplinary studies.
- Assignments: personal narrative (intellectual autobiography), autobiographical maps, disciplinary research (mapping), and student portfolios.
- Chapter objectives, discussion questions, case studies, worksheets, student examples, and much more.
Publisher: Kendall/Hunt Pub. Co.
Year Published: 2006