Summary: KEY MESSAGE:Elayn Martin-Gay'sdevelopmental math textbooks and video resources are motivated by her firm belief that every student can succeed. Martin-Gay's focus on the student shapes her clear, accessible writing, inspires her constant pedagogical innovations, and contributes greatly to the popularity and effectiveness of her video resources. This revision of Martin-Gay's algebra series continues this focus on students and what they need to be successful. Martin-Gay also strives t
o provide the highest level of instructor and adjunct support. Review of Real Numbers; Equations, Inequalities, and Problem Solving; Graphing; Solving Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities; Exponents and Polynomials; Factoring Polynomials; Rational Expressions; Roots and Radicals; Quadratic Equations For all readers interested in algebra, and for all readers interested in learning or revisiting essential skills in beginning algebra through the use of lively and up-to-date applications.
Summary: KEY MESSAGE:Elayn Martin-Gay'sdevelopmental math textbooks and video resources are motivated by her firm belief that every student can succeed. Martin-Gay's focus on the student shapes her clear, accessible writing, inspires her constant pedagogical innovations, and contributes greatly to the popularity and effectiveness of her video resources. This revision of Martin-Gay's algebra series continues this focus on students and what they need to be successful. Martin-Gay also strives to provide the highest level of instructor and adjunct support. Review of Real Numbers; Equations, Inequalities, and Problem Solving; Graphing; Solving Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities; Exponents and Polynomials; Factoring Polynomials; Rational Expressions; Roots and Radicals; Quadratic Equations For all readers interested in algebra, and for all readers interested in learning or revisiting essential skills in beginning algebra through the use of lively and up-to-date applications. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:5TH 09 Cover: Hardback Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Published: 01/11/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. Review of Real Numbers 1.1 Tips for Success in Mathematics 1.2 Symbols and Sets of Numbers 1.3 Fractions 1.4 Introduction to Variable Expressions and Equations 1.5 Adding Real Numbers 1.6 Subtracting Real Numbers Integrated Review - Operations on Real Numbers 1.7 Multiplying and Dividing Real Numbers 1.8 Properties of Real Numbers
2. Equations, Inequalities, and Problem Solving 2.1 Simplifying Expressions 2.2 The Addition Property of Equality 2.3 The Multiplication Property of Equality 2.4 Solving Linear Equations Integrated Review - Solving Linear Equations 2.5 An Introduction to Problem Solving 2.6 Formulas and Problem Solving 2.7 Percent and Mixture Problem Solving 2.8 Further Problem Solving 2.9 Solving Linear Inequalities
3. Graphing 3.1 Reading Graphs and the Rectangular Coordinate System 3.2 Graphing Linear Equations 3.3 Intercepts 3.4 Slope and Rate of Change Integrated Review - Summary on Slope and Graphing Linear Equations 3.5 Equations of Lines 3.6 Functions
4. Solving Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities 4.1 Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing 4.2 Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Substitution 4.3 Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Addition Integrated Review - Solving Systems of Equations 4.4 Systems of Linear Equations and Problem Solving 4.5 Graphing Linear Inequalities 4.6 Systems of Linear Inequalities
5. Exponents and Polynomials 5.1 Exponents 5.2 Adding and Subtracting Polynomials 5.3 Multiplying Polynomials 5.4 Special Products Integrated Review - Exponents and Operations on Polynomials 5.6 Negative Exponents and Scientific Notation 5.7 Dividing Polynomials
6. Factoring Polynomials 6.1 The Greatest Common Factor and Factoring by Grouping 6.2 Factoring Trinomials of the Formx 2 +bx+c 6.3 Factoring Trinomials of the Formax 2 +bx+cand Perfect Square Trinomials 6.4 Factoring Trinomials of the Formax 2 +bx+cby Grouping 6.5 Factoring Binomials Integrated Review-Choosing a Fa
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, U.S.A. 2007 Hard Cover Fine. No Jacket 4to-over 9?"-12" tall. Pages are clean and unmarked. Corners, edges, and ends of spine are unmarred. Binding is tight. 627pp. U...show morenopened DVD included. ...show less
$39.97 +$3.99 s/h
Nivea Books Lynnwood, WA
Hardcover Fine 0136007023 Like New copy, without any marks or highlights. Might have minor shelf wear on covers. CD included. This is Student US Edition. Same day shipping with free tracking number...show more. Expedited shipping available. A+ Customer Service! ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.