on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Get the grade you want in algebra with Gustafson and Frisk's BEGINNING ALGEBRA! Written with you in mind, the authors provide clear, no-nonsense explanations that will help you learn difficult concepts with ease. Prepare for exams with numerous resources located online and throughout the text such as online tutoring, Chapter Summaries, Self-Checks, Getting Ready exercises, and Vocabulary and Concept problems. Use this text, and you'll learn solid mathematical skills that will help yo ...show moreu both in future mathematical courses and in real life! ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 8TH 08
1. REAL NUMBERS AND THEIR BASIC PROPERTIES. Real Numbers and Their Graphs. Fractions. Exponents and Order of Operations. Adding and Subtracting Real Numbers. Multiplying and Dividing Real Numbers. Algebraic Expressions. Properties of Real Numbers. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 1 Test.
2. EQUATIONS AND INEQUALITIES. Solving Basic Equations. Solving More Equations. Simplifying Expressions to Solve Equations. Introduction to Problem Solving. Motion and Mixture Problems. Formulas. Solving Inequalities. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 2 Test. Cumulative Review Exercises.
3. GRAPHING, WRITING EQUATIONS OF LINES; VARIATION. The Rectangular Coordinate System. Graphing Linear Equations. Slope of a Non-Vertical Line. Point-Slope Form. Slope-Intersect Form. Functions. Variation. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 3 Test.
4. POLYNOMIALS. Natural-Number Exponents. Zero and Negative-Integer Exponents. Scientific Notation. Polynomials. Adding and Subtracting Polynomials. Multiplying Polynomials. Dividing Polynomials by Monomials. Dividing Polynomials by Polynomials. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 4 Test. Cumulative Review Exercises.
5. FACTORING POLYNOMIALS. Factoring Out the Greatest Common Factor; Factoring by Grouping. Factoring the Difference of Two Squares. Factoring Trinomials with Lead Coefficients of 1. Factoring General Trinomials. Factoring the Sum and Difference of Two Cubes. Summary of Factoring Techniques. Solving Equations by Factoring. Problem Solving. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 5 Test.
6. PROPORTIONS AND RATIONAL EXPRESSIONS. Simplifying Rational Expressions. Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions. Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions. Complex Fractions. Solving Equations that Contain Rational Expressions. Applications of Equations that Contain Rational Expressions. Ratios. Proportions and Similar Triangles. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 6 Test. Cumulative Review Exercises.
7. SYSTEMS OF EQUATIONS AND INEQUALITIES. Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing. Solving Systems of Equations by Substitution. Solving Systems of Equations by Addition. Applications of Systems of Equations. Systems of Linear Inequalities. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 7 Test.
8. ROOTS AND RADICAL EXPRESSIONS. Square Roots and the Pythagorean Theorem. Nth Roots and Radicands that Contain Variables. Simplifying Radical Expressions. Adding and Subtracting Radical Expressions. Multiplying and Dividing Radical Expressions. Solving Equations Containing Radicals; The Distance Formula. Rational Exponents. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 8 Test. Cumulative Review Exercises.
9. QUADRATIC EQUATIONS AND GRAPHING QUADRATIC FUNCTIONS. Quadratic Equations. Completing the Square. The Quadratic Formula. Graphing Quadratic Functions. Complex Numbers. Projects. Chapter Summary. Chapter 9 Test.
APPENDICES. Sample Final Examination. Powers and Roots. Answers to Selected Exercises.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.