Summary: BEGINNING RAQUETB ALL covers the fundamentals of raquetball and is suitable for players at all levels. Its major strengths are its comprehensive art program and rich pedagogy, which include "Points to Remember"-a checklist of helpful hints for players and "Check Points"- study questions at the end of each chapter.
New to the Edition
- The art program has been updated with 180 new photos and revisions to 40 percent of the di ...show moreagrams to demonstrate proper techniques and form, helping students accurately execute the movements and to better illustrate a more realistic view of the racquetball court.
- Chapter 7 has been renamed "Use of the Back Wall and Corner Shots" to better reflect chapter content and present these shots and strategies as fundamental techniques to the sport.
- "Points to Remember" have been revised to represent the key ideas that students need to remember while playing racquetball. This feature is also more consistently included throughout each chapter.
- "Check Points," formerly titled "Self- Testing Questions," include chapter-ending review questions that allow students to reaffirm their knowledge of the chapter concepts.
- Enhanced topics include protective eye wear (Chapter 1), ceiling shots (Chapter 3), kill shots with appropriate warnings (Chapter 4), normal lob serve (Chapter 6), and doubles strategy (Chapter 11).
- The text has been strongly praised for its solid coverage of all the functional aspects of racquetball, including equipment, offensive and defensive strokes, serves, playing strategies, drills, and court etiquette.
- An accompanying Instructor's Manual includes teaching skills, teaching suggestions, lesson plans, homework assignments, student evaluations and forms (including written exams, drill tests, and game-playing evaluations), drill sheets, court quizzes, and a sample mid-term exam and final ...show less
24 more offers below.