ISBN13:978-1572305229 ISBN10: 1572305223 This edition has also been released as: ISBN13: 978-1572302181 ISBN10: 1572302186
Summary: This comprehensive resource documents significant recent advances in understanding women's and physical health. Covering both prevention and intervention, over 100 leading experts provide cutting-edge information on the links between behavior and disease. The book addresses a wide range of topics on women's health across the lifespan, including physiological and mental conditions, substance abuse, sexuality and reproduction, body image, and cultural issues and. Succi
nct, accessible chapters with annotated references enable readers to find desired information quickly and easily.
Summary: This comprehensive resource documents significant recent advances in understanding women's and physical health. Covering both prevention and intervention, over 100 leading experts provide cutting-edge information on the links between behavior and disease. The book addresses a wide range of topics on women's health across the lifespan, including physiological and mental conditions, substance abuse, sexuality and reproduction, body image, and cultural issues and. Succinct, accessible chapters with annotated references enable readers to find desired information quickly and easily. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:98 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Guilford Press Published: 08/12/1999 International: No
''Provides an excellent overview of the interface between behavioral medicine and women's health. The strengths include the breadth of information covered, the clarity of writing, and the helpful introductory chapters at the start of each section.''
''This volume is an excellent source which clinicians and citizens alike may well consult for information on a wide array of issues.''
--Perceptual and Motor Skills
''An authoritative compendium....Very useful.''
--Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter
Guilford Press Web Site, October, 2000
View Table of Contents
Forewords I. Life Course Perspectives
1. Section Editors' Overview 2. Brain and Behavior Development 3. Infancy 4. Maternal Cocaine Use and Fetal Development 5. Maternal Alcohol Use and Fetal Development 6. Childhood: Gender Role Development 7. Adolescence 8. Puberty 9. Adolescent Sexuality 10. Teenage and Adolescent Pregnancy 11. Parenting 12. Parenting of Adults with Mental Retardation 13. Midlife 14. Aging and Women'sLife Course
II. Stress And Coping
15. Section Editor's Overview 16. Attachment 17. Marital Quality 18. Marital Conflict 19. Social Support 20. Personality 21. Type A Behavior Pattern 22. Hostility 23. Achievement 24. Optimism 25. Hardiness 26. Resilience 27. Multiple Roles 28. Life Events 29. Social Comparison 30. Positive Mental Health
31. Section Editor's Overview 32. HIV Prevention 33. HIV Prevention among Homeless Women 34. Breast Cancer Screening: Improving Adherence 35. Breast Cancer Screening: When to Begin? 36. Osteoporosis Prevention 37. Smoking Prevention 38. Preventing Alcohol Problems 39. Nutrition: Diet and Disease 40. Nutrition: Guidelines, Attitudes, and Behaviors 41. Nutrition Education 42. Oral Health 43. Exercise 44. Exercise for Adolescents 45. Relaxation
IV. Health Care: Paradigms, Policies, And Settings
46. Section Editor's Overview 47. Health Care Policy 48. Accountability 49. Medical Curricula and Training 50. Substance Abuse and Health Care Utilization 51. School-Based Clinics 52. Worksite Nicotine Treatment 53. The Military and Health 54. Access to Prenatal Care 55. Self-Administered Interventions 56. Alternative Medicine
V. Body Image And Substance Use
57. Section Editor's Overview 58. Anorexia Nervosa 59. Bulimia Nervosa 60. Stress and Coping in Eating Disorders 61. Dieting, Exercise, and Body Weight 62. Social Physique Anxiety 63. Negative Body Image 64. The Emergence of Negative Body Images 65. Breast Implants 66. Obesity 67. Alcoholism 68. Alcohol Metabolism 69. Drug Abuse 70. Drug Abuse Treatment 71. Cigarette Smoking
VI. Sexuality And Reproduction
72. Section Editor's Overview 73. Sexual Functioning 74. Reproductive Endocrinology 75. Premenstrual Disorders 76. Gynecological Pain 77. Sexual Abuse 78. Pregnancy and Childbirth 79. Pregnancy in Women with Disabilities 80. Postpartum Depression 81. Breastfeeding 82. The Lactational Amenorrhea Method 83. Contraception 84. Abortion 85. Reproductive Technologies 86. Menopause 87. Sexuality and Aging
VII. Physiological Disorders With Behavioral And Psychosocial Components
88. Section Editors' Overview 89. Alzheimer's Disease: A General View 90. Alzheimer's Disease: Impact on Women 91. Arthritis: Behavioral and Psychosocial Aspects 92. Arthritis: Medical Aspects 93. Arthritis and Osteoporosis 94. Asthma 95. Breast Cancer: Biobehavioral Aspects 96. Breast Cancer: Psychosocial Aspects 97. Cancer: Behavioral and Psychosocial Aspects 98. Cancer: Medical Aspects 99. Cardiovascular Disorders 100. Coronary Heart Disease 101. Diabetes: Biopsychosocial Aspects 102. Diabetes: Medical Aspects 103. The Endocrine System and Endocrine Disorders 104. Gastrointestinal Physiology 105. Gastrointestinal Syndromes and Disorders 106. Headache 107. HIV Infection 108. Hormonal Influences on Epileptic Seizures 109. Hypertension 110. The Immune System 111. Immunity and Behavior 112. Lupus 113. Multiple Sclerosis 114. Pain 115. Raynaud's Disease 116. Respiratory Disorders 117. Syndrome X
VIII. Linkages Between Behavioral, Psychosocial, And Physical Disorders
133. Section Editors' Overview 134. Culture and Women's Health 135. African-American Women's Health 136. Asian-American Women's Health 137. Hispanic Women and Health Care 138. Native American Women and Health Care 139. Lesbian Health 140. Physician Gender and Physician Patient Interaction 141. What We Know about Women's Health
Used, Acceptable Condition, may show signs of wear and previous use. Please allow 4-14 business days for delivery. 100% Money Back Guarantee, Over 1,000,000 customers served.
$25.20 +$3.99 s/h
Better World Books UK Dunfermline,
Acceptable Ships from the UK. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Your purchase also supports literacy charities. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authori...show morezed seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section***** ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.