Summary: ...show more
For classes in Medical/Health Information Technology with concentration in ICD-9-CM coding. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the complexities of ICD-9-CM coding for an entry-level understanding of the codes used to record both diagnoses and procedures in the ever-developing field of health care. Would you like a book that provides an entry-level understanding of medical coding? Features
- NEW - Chapter 24 includes coding principles for the ambulatory of outpatient setting.
- NEW - Includes the most up-to-date changes in ICD-9-CM coding.
- Provides a detailed introduction of basic coding principles, focusing on problem coding areas.
- The inclusion of medical record forms and coding exercises allows students can gain experience while evaluating their coding. competency.
- Reviews medical terminology including:
- Diagnostic, procedural, radiological and clinical laboratory terms.