Summary: This book presents advanced nutrition in a comprehensive, easy-to-understand format ideal for graduate students in nutritional programs, organic chemistry, physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology. It focuses on he biology of human nutrition at the molecular, cellular, tissue, and whole-body levels. Biochemical, Physiological, & Molecular Aspects of Human Nutrition is full of student-friendly features - chapter outlines; common abbreviations; critical thin
king exercises; detailed illustrations; and feature boxes spotlighting key nutritional data, insights, and clinical correlations. In addition, chapters are organized logically into seven units, reflecting the traditional nutrient class divisions.
Summary: This book presents advanced nutrition in a comprehensive, easy-to-understand format ideal for graduate students in nutritional programs, organic chemistry, physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology. It focuses on he biology of human nutrition at the molecular, cellular, tissue, and whole-body levels. Biochemical, Physiological, & Molecular Aspects of Human Nutrition is full of student-friendly features - chapter outlines; common abbreviations; critical thinking exercises; detailed illustrations; and feature boxes spotlighting key nutritional data, insights, and clinical correlations. In addition, chapters are organized logically into seven units, reflecting the traditional nutrient class divisions. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:2ND 06 Cover: Hardback Publisher:W.B. Saunders Co. Year Published: 2006 International: No
View Table of Contents
Unit I: Nutrients: Essential and Nonessential
1. The Nutrients: Essential Food Components 2. Nonessential Food Components with Health Benefits 3. Guidelines for Food and Nutrient Intake
Unit II: Structure and Properties of the Macronutrients
4. Structure and Properties of Carbohydrates 5. Structure and Properties of Proteins 6. Structure and Properties of Lipids
Unit III: Digestion and Absorption of the Macronutrients
7. Overview of Digestion and Absorption 8. Digestion and Absorption of Carbohydrate 9. Digestion and Absorption of Protein 10. Digestion and Absorption of Lipids 11. Dietary Fiber
Unit IV: Metabolism of the Macronutrients
12. Carbohydrate Metabolism?Synthesis and Oxidation 13. Protein Synthesis and Degradation 14. Amino Acid Metabolism 15. Protein and Amino Acid Requirements 16. Metabolism of Fatty Acids, Acylglycerols, and Sphingolipids 17. Cholesterol and Lipoproteins?Synthesis, Transport, and Metabolism 18. Essential Fatty Acids 19. Regulation of Fuel Utilization in Response to Food Intake 20. Regulation of Fuel Utilization in Response to Exercise
Unit V: Energy
21. Cellular and Whole-Animal Energetics 22. Control of Energy Balance 23. Disturbances of Energy Balance
Unit VI: The Vitamins
24. Niacin, Riboflavin and Thiamin 25. Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin B6 26. Pantothenic Acid and Biotin 27. Vitamin C 28. Vitamin K 29. Vitamin E 30. Vitamin A 31. Vitamin D
Unit VII: The Minerals and Water
32. Calcium and Phosphorus 33. Magnesium 34. Sodium, Chloride, and Potassium 35. Body Fluids and Water Balance 36. Iron 37. Zinc, Copper, and Manganese 38. Iodine 39. Selenium 40. Fluoride 41. The Ultratrace Elements
Order this book in the next 2 days, 1 hours and 53 minutes and it ships by Noon CT Monday!
New Currently Sold Out
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.