on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Mathews, Christopher K. : Oregon State University
van Holde, K. E. : Oregon State University
I. THE REALM OF BIOCHEMISTSRY.
1. The Scope of Biochemistry.
2. The Matrix of Life: Weak Interactions in an AqueousEnvironment.
3. The Energetics of Life.
II. MOLECULAR ARCHITECTURE OF LIVING MATTER.
4. Nucleic Acids.
5. Introduction to Proteins: The Primary Level of ProteinStructure.
6. The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins.
7. Protein Function and Evolution.
8. Proteins in Motion: Contractile and Motile Systems.
10. Lipids, Membranes, and Cellular Transport.
III. DYNAMICS OF LIFE: CATALYSIS AND CONTROL OF BIOCHEMICALREACTIONS.
11. Enzymes: Biological Catalysts.
12. Introduction to Metabolism.
IV. DYNAMICS OF LIFE: ENERGY, BIOSYNTHESIS, AND UTILIZATION OFPRECURSORS.
13. Carbohydrate Metabolism I: Anaerobic Processes in GeneratingMetabolic Energy.
14. Oxidative Processes: Citric Acid Cycle and Pentose PhosphatePathway.
15. Biological Oxidations, Electron Transport, and OxidativePhosphorylation.
16. Carbohydrate Metabolism II: Biosynthesis.
18. Lipid Metabolism I: Fatty Acids, Triacylglycerols, andLipoproteins.
19. Lipid Metabolism II: Membrane Lipids, Steroids, Isoprenoids, andEicosanoids.
20. Metabolism of Nitrogenous Compounds: Principles of Biosynthesis,Utilization and Turnover.
21. Metabolism of Nitrogenous Compounds: Amino Acids, Porphyrins,and Neurotransmitters.
22. Nucleotide Metabolism.
23. Metabolic Coordination, Metabolic Control, and SignalTransduction.
24. Information Copying: Replication.
25. Information Restructuring: Restriction, Repair, Recombination,Rearrangement, Amplification.
26. Information Transfer: Transcription.
27. Information Decoding: Translation.
28. Eukayotic Genes and Their Expression.
Answers to Problems.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.