This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Neil Campbell and Jane Reece's BIOLOGY remains unsurpassed as the most successful majors biology textbook in the world. This text has invited more than 4 million students into the study of this dynamic and essential discipline.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 05
- Each chapter focuses on five or six key concepts. The authors have restructured each chapter around a conceptual framework of five or six big ideas. An ...show more Overview draws students in and sets the stage for the rest of the chapter, each numbered Concept Head announces the beginning of a new concept, and Concept Check questions at the end of each chapter encourage students to assess their mastery of a given concept.
- The text's content engages students in scientific inquiry. New Inquiry Figures focus students on the experimental process, and new Research Method Figures illustrate important techniques in biology. Each chapter ends with a Scientific Inquiry Question that asks students to apply scientific investigation skills to the content of the chapter.
- Exploring Figures help students study efficiently and emphasize the big picture.
- A team of seven stellar contributors brings current research perspectives to the Seventh Edition, including Lisa Urry (Mills College), Manuel Molles (University of New Mexico), Peter Minorsky (Mercy College), Chris Wills (University of California, San Diego), and Carl Zimmer.
- Exceptionally well-integrated, cross-referenced supplements provide a wealth of timesaving tools for instructors, and opportunities for students to practice and master biology.
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Biology - With CD: