Summary: Created to spark students' sense of wonder about life in its many forms, Biology: Concepts and Connections, Fourth Edition invites students into the world of biology. While encouraging students to explore interactive media activities, the text facilitates mastery of concepts and core biological material through unique modules that combine exceptional art, text that "walks" students through the illustrations, and compelling real-world connections. These modu ...show moreles help students break down the reading into manageable sections and allow flexibility in tailoring the material to make Biology: Concepts and Connections, Fourth Edition the perfect fit for your syllabus.Edition/Copyright: 4TH 03
- Easy-to-use modules organize content by major topics, helping students recognize and focus on the main ideas. Each module heading is a carefully crafted statement of a biological concept and every module begins and ends on the same spread, providing easily digestible bits of information.
- Chapter outlines at the start of each chapter define the hierarchy among topics and help students understand the relationships between modules.
- Unparalleled art program helps students visualize complex biological processes. The art and text are interwoven to give students a step-by-step explanation of key concepts.
- Connections are made throughout the text between biology and students' lives. Special modules cover interesting topics like health, economics, and the environment to show students how biology is relevant to them.
- "Talking About Science" modules contain short interviews with prominent scientists, personalizing the scientific process for students and exposing them to exciting areas of biological research.
- Review questions at the end of each module test student comprehension and understanding.
- New chapter-opening essays focused on topics of human interest -- such as the cell in art and science, fast and slow twitch muscles, and the evolution of mosquitoes in the London Underground -- show students how biology affects their lives and the world around them. Themes discussed in the essays are woven throughout the chapter to reinforce the human connection.
- New and updated applications modules -- such as ethical implications of applying our knowledge of the human genome, genetically-modified foods, stem cell research, and bioterrorism and biological weapons -- cover hot issues and provide relevancy to students' lives.
- New media package gives your students everything they need all in one place.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Biology : Concepts and Connections / With CD: