Summary: New Features Edition/Copyright: 6TH 06
- Approximately one third of the readings are new!
- A pair of new articles in Chapter 3--one on cochlear implants, the other on the clinical management of intersex--addresses difficult medical decisions that parents must sometimes make for their children.
- A new section in Chapter 7 discusses research on embryonic stem cells.
- Expanded treatment of issues related to ...show moregenetics (in Chapter 8) now features sections on preimplantation genetic diagnosis, gene therapy, and genetic enhancement.
- A new section on contested therapies within the physician-patient relationship (in Chapter 2) includes an article on cosmetic surgery and an article on the prescription of Ritalin to children with no diagnosable disorder.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Biomedical Ethics: