- Expands the appendix from the First Edition into a new, comprehensive section on exposure concentration
- Adds two new appendices: Industrial Hygiene Sampling Strategies and Statistical Analysis; and Outlined Format of an Industrial Hygiene Evaluation Report
- Provides many links and references to other resources that cover topics from a more theoretical perspective
- Contains excellent examples ...show more of forms and reports used to document and record field and laboratory data
- Uses case studies to detail the applications of the collection and analysis of air, surface and bulk sampling, and data interpretation
Professionals and students in the field of industrial hygiene need a concise guide that thoroughly covers the practical methods of evaluating health threats in the workplace.
Bisesi and Kohn's Industrial Hygiene Evaluation Methods, Second Edition introduces basic methods for evaluating work and some non-work environments in order to detect and measure physical, chemical and biological agents, as well as hazardous ergonomic factors. The book is divided into relatively short units that provide concise overviews and descriptions of basic concepts. Each unit is followed by practical technical exercises. These exercises foster the understanding of basic industrial hygiene principles and practices for collection, detection, identification, calculation, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data. Exercises can be conducted in a setting in which agents and other factors are detectable and measurable. Alternatively, the simulated evaluation exercises that are included can be conducted in a classroom or laboratory.
This book is an introductory reference for environmental and occupational health and safety students and practitioners. It is an indispensable tool that illustrates methods fundamental to industrial hygiene practice, and is just as valuable in the professional's office as it is in the classroom. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 04
Publisher: Lewis Publishers, Inc.
Year Published: 2004