Summary: The 3rd edition of The Book of Style for Medical Transcription from the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) is now available in print and in a web-based electronic version. This widely acclaimed industry standards manual has long been the trusted resource for data capture and documentation standards in healthcare. The 3rd edition delivers a streamlined and strategically reorganized flow of critical data, enhanced explanation of standards and pra ...show morectical application, robust examples taken from clinical medicine settings, and so much more.
New in this edition:
* Reorganization of all content into topical sections and chapters
* Completely redrafted content sections throughout
* More detailed, comprehensive content explanations and rationale for standards and style
* More and better style application examples taken from a clinical medicine context
* A complete chapter dedicated to medical record types and formats, including turn-around times (TATs)
* A complete chapter dedicated to medical record privacy, security, and integrity
* A complete chapter dedicated to amending and modifying the patient record
* Trend Notes that alert the reader to the current and/or potential impact of emerging technologies on a particular standard of style
* An entire section of chapters addressing trends and drivers in the industry.
* Medical specialty chapters with organized standards, including new classification systems
* Cross-referencing throughout the text to redirect users to related information and standards ...show less