Summary: This comprehensive exploration of restorative dental materials presents everything readers need to know to correctly use dental materials in the clinic and dental laboratory, from fundamental concepts to advanced skills. The scientific basis for technical procedures and manipulation of materials is provided, and the book's problem-solving approach focuses on applying new information to practical situations. At the end of each chapter, a case-based scenario presents t ...show morehe opportunity to work through problems and verify solutions. Extensive figures and tables of data throughout the book clarify the text.
* Comprehensive information on restorative dental materials provides insight into both the fundamentals and the latest practical knowledge in the field.
* Problem-solving approach presents cases with solutions at the end of each chapter, providing an opportunity to apply and test important principles.
* Thoroughly revised content includes the latest information on: optical, thermal, and electrical properties; mechanical properties; preventive materials; composites; and impression materials.
* The latest standards in the field are covered, including biocompatibility and standards of dental materials.
* Easy-to-follow organization progresses according to the way in which material is most often taught in dental schools.
* An appendix contains useful references such as weights and measurements, conversion tables, metric weights, and more.
* Each chapter concludes with a list of references for further reading, divided by topic sections. ...show less