Summary: Presenting ultrasound pathology from a clinical perspective, this unique resource discusses various pathologies that may be related to a patient's symptoms and features illustrations with ultrasound scans that demonstrate each pathology. Organized into four major sections--abdomen, obstetrics, gynecology, and superficial structures--each symptom is presented in its own chapter along with key terms, an introductory paragraph, a clinical scenario, discussions of pathol ...show moreogies, illustrations, and patient scenarios. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.Edition/Copyright: 04
- Content is organized by clinical presentation, rather than body system, so readers can quickly find information related to a patient's symptoms and pathology.
- Pathologies, symptoms, and sonographic findings are provided in summary tables for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Clinical scenarios present realistic situations to encourage critical thinking skills, heighten reader interest, and facilitate the application of text content to the clinical setting.
- Case studies--most with accompanying images--appear at the end of each chapter to offer the reader the opportunity to assess comprehension and to apply knowledge to realistic situations.
- Objectives, key terms with definitions, and study questions are provided in each chapter to help readers focus their attention on important concepts.
- More than 900 ultrasound scans assist readers in learning pathology and provide a practical resource for use in the clinical setting.
- Comprehensive coverage of pathology provides readers with extensive information on the subject.
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2004