Summary: The most respected nutrition text for more than 50 years, Krause's Food & the Nutrition Care Process delivers comprehensive and up-to-date information from respected educators and practitioners in the field. The latest recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, new and expanded chapters, and a large variety of tables, boxes, and pathophysiology algorithms provide need-to-know information with ease, making this text perfect for use in class or everyday ...show more practice. Edition/Copyright: 13TH 12
- Clear, logical organization details each step of complete nutritional care from assessment to therapy.
- UNIQUE! Pathophysiology algorithms clarify the illness process and to ensure more effective care.
- New Directions boxes reflect the latest research in emerging areas in nutrition therapy.
- Focus On boxes provide additional detail on key chapter concepts.
- Clinical Insight boxes and Clinical Scenarios with detailed Sample Nutrition Diagnosis statements help ensure the most accurate and effective interventions in practice.
- Key terms listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded within the text provide quick access to important nutrition terminology.
- More than 1,000 self-assessment questions on a companion Evolve website reinforce key textbook content.
- Reorganized table of contents reinforces the Nutrition Care Process structure endorsed by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- New recommendations reflect a comprehensive approach to diet and nutrition that incorporates the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, the MyPyramid food guide, and the Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide recommendations.
- MNT for Thyroid Disorders chapter details important nutrition considerations for managing thyroid disorders ...show less
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2012