Summary: Written by a dental hygienist for dental hygienists, Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist helps you learn the safe and effective administration of local anesthesia. Coverage is tailored to fit the role and needs of the dental hygienist and promotes patient-centered care by integrating discussions of the Human Needs Paradigm with complete instructions for local anesthesia administration. Full-color photographs illustrate specific injection techniques, and col ...show moreorful illustrations show dental anatomy. Written by experienced educator Demetra Logothetis, this reference presents material at the right level for dental hygienists and prepares you for success both on your licensure exam and in your career. Edition/Copyright: 12
- Warm, humanistic writing style uses a supportive approach that acknowledges not only the patient's fear of injection but also the fears of the inexperienced clinician.
- A focus on the Human Needs Paradigm relates dental hygiene care to the eight human needs.
- Full-color photographs show injection techniques, and illustrations show dental anatomy.
- Case studies make it easier to apply knowledge to real-life patient interactions and to develop problem-solving skills.
- Technique/Procedure boxes provide step-by-step instructions for performing specific procedures.
- Dental Hygiene Considerations boxes provide tips and key points for optimal care.
- Color-coded local anesthetic tables help in distinguishing among specific categories of agents and match the color codes of the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Key terms begin each chapter and are highlighted within the text; a glossary defines each term.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter and set goals for what you will accomplish; they also help you study for examinations.
- Review questions at the end of each ...show less
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2012