on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Biology in the Laboratory, Third Edition, designed to accompany introductory level biology courses, helps students learn to form hypotheses and apply the scientific method. Questions in the manual promote critical thinking and help students make accurate observations, organize and interpret their data, and reach sound conclusions.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 98
Helms, Doris R. : Clemson University
Helms, Carl W. : Clemson University
Kosinski, Robert J. : Clemson Universit
Cummings, John C. : Clemson University
Science -- A Process and Appendixes I, II, and III
1. Observations and Measurements: The Microscope
2. Observations and Measurements: Measuring Techniques
3. pH and Buffer
4. Using the Spectrophotometer
5. Organic Molecules
6. Prokaryotic Cells
7. Eukaryotic Cells
8. Osmosis and Diffusion
11. Energetics, Fermentation, and Respiration
13. Meiosis: Independent Assortment and Segregation
14. Genes and Chromosomes: Chromosome Mapping
15. Human Genetic Traits
16. DNA Isolation
17. DNA -- The Genetic Material: Replication, Transcription, and Translation
18. Molecular Genetics: Recombinant DNA
19. Genetic Control of Development and Immune Defenses
20. The Genetic Basis of Evolution
21. The Genetic Basis of Evolution II -- Diversity
22. Diversity -- Kingdoms Eubacteria, Archaebacteria, and Protista
23. Diversity -- Fungi and the Noutracheophytes
24. Diversity -- The Tracheophytes (Vascular Land Plants)
25. Diversity -- Porifera, Cnidaria, and Wormlike Invertebrates
26. Diversity -- Mollusks, Arthropods, and Echinoderms
27. Diversity -- Phylum Chordata
28. Plant Anatomy -- Roots, Stems, and Leaves
29. Angiosperm Development -- Fruits, Seeds, Meristems, and Secondary Growth
30. Water Movement and Mineral Nutrition in Plants
31. Plant Responses to Stimuli
32. Animal Tissues
33. Introduction to the Study of Anatomy, and the External Anatomy and Integument of Representative
34. The Anatomy of Representative Vertebrates: Behavioral System
35. The Anatomy of Representative Vertebrates: Digestive and Respiratory Systems
36. The Anatomy of Representative Vertebrates: Circulatory and Urogenital Systems
37. The Basics of Animal Form: Skin, Bones, and Muscles
38. Physiology of Circulatio
39. Gas Exchange and Respiratory System
40. The Digestive, Excretory, and Reproductive Systems
41. Control -- The Nervous System
43. Communities and Ecosystems
44. Predator-Prey Relations
45. Productivity in Aquatic Ecosystems
I. Presenting and Analyzing Experimental Data: Tables, Graphs, and Statistical Methods
II. Writing Laboratory Reports
III. Preparing Solutions
IV. A Quick Guide to Using Scientific Notation
V. A Quick Guide to Using the pH MeterVI. A Quick Guide to Using the Spectrometer (Spectronic 20)
VII. Key to Common Roots, Prefixes, and Suffixes
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.