Summary: Accounting is becoming an information systems function; therefore knowledge of accounting information systems is critical for business success. Gelinas/Sutton's Fifth Edition of Accounting Information Systems retains its comprehensiveness and authoritative coverage of topics such as internal control, electronic commerce, and technology. More accessible than ever before, Accounting Information Systems, 5e is the resource to have in order to master this important subje ...show morect area.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 02
- Electronic Commerce Integrated Throughout: Sections on electronic commerce are integrated throughout the text as appropriate, giving students a solid understanding of the impact of e-commerce on AIS. Chapter 6 is devoted exclusively to this important topic, and Chapters 10, 11, and 12 provide additional coverage.
- Coverage of New Internal Control Framework: Coverage of internal control now includes the new control framework Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
- Data-Flow Diagrams: Gelinas/Sutton's excellent data-flow diagrams help students visualize the flow of information in an accounting information system. The diagrams help students understand WHAT must happen before they learn HOW functions are performed.
- Integration of Technology: The impact of technology on the operation and control of AIS is integrated throughout.
- NEW! Real-world Vignettes: Now opening each chapter these vignettes describe actual situations in the business world, focusing student attention on the real-world applications and relevance of accounting information systems.
- NEW! Icons now highlight discussions on ERP, Electronic Commerce and Internal Controls throughout the text. These three topics, which are critical to accounting information systems, are now easier to identify and follow. Students are better able to see the importance of these topics and their impact on the growing field of accounting information systems.
- NEW! Expanded Web Site: Vast online resources for students and instructors on the text Web site include an accounting links library, online cases, and much more.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2002