Summary: Painstakingly accurate, up-to-date, and a highly readable.... There's no question why this respected resource is pediatric nursing's foremost text. This new seventh edition maintains the high standards established by previous editions, and broadens the focus in the areas of community care and evidence-based practice. Readers will find it highly appealing with superior illustrations and a beautiful full-color design throughout.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 03
New to this Edition yle='padding:0px;padding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> A chapter on Community-Based Nursing Care of the Child and Family reflects new trends and general issues in the care of children outside the clinical setting. Immunization content has been updated to reflect the most current information available. Evidence-Based Practice boxes throughout the text focus attention on the application of both research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care. Many color illustrations have been added to increase the text's appeal and to clarify information. Key Features
- Focusing on the family throughout, it emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness.
- Content emphasizes wellness, with complete information concerning health promotion and injury prevention relevant to specific age groups.
- Disorder sections provide a detailed presentation of pathophysiology to foster a clear understanding of the impact of disease on normal physiologic functions.
- The nursing process is used to present nursing care for major diseases and disorders.
- Play, safety, language, self-esteem, nutrition, dental health, sleep, exercise, and other aspects of wellness and health are integrated into the appropriate age chapters to provide a holistic view of the child and family.
- Emergency Treatment boxes provide a quick reference in critical situations.
- Guidelines boxes provide step-by-step instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Emphasis on community issues is highlighted in Community Focus boxes throughout the text to provide additional resources and guidance on caring for children outside the clinical setting.
- Nursing Care Plans incorporate patient- and family-centered goals with rationales for nursing interventions.
- Cultural Awareness boxes highlight ways in which variations in beliefs and practices affect child care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes provide guidance for administering nursing care to the child, family, and nurse.
- Family Home Care boxes better prepare families to cope with their child's care in special situations.
- Critical Thinking Exercises challenge self-evaluation in thinking critically about clinical judgments and provide opportunities to apply knowledge to specific situations using analytical skills.
- Nursing Alerts and Nursing Tips are highlighted to provide either critical information or helpful hints.
- Chapter Outlines and Related Topics guide readers easily to related content areas throughout the book.
- Key Points at the end of each chapter aid in review of important concepts.
- Up-to-date references highlight the most current research and provide numerous sources for further review.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2003