Summary: Appropriate for all introductory courses in chemical engineering.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 04
Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering, Seventh Edition is a complete, practical, and student-friendly introduction to the principles and techniques of contemporary chemical, petroleum, and environmental engineering. Throughout, the authors introduce efficient and consistent methods for analyzing material and energy balance problems, organizing solutions, and calculating an ...show moreswers. The authors thoroughly address the behavior of gases, liquids, and solids: ideal/real gases, single component two-phase systems, gas-liquid systems, and more. This edition presents extensive new coverage, including new chapters on degrees of freedom, process simulation, and unsteady state materials. It brings together more examples and problems treating topics pertaining to the environment, safety, semiconductor processing, nanotechnology, biology and biotechnology. Recast into 29 modular chapters, it offers students and faculty members an exceptionally flexible approach to learning.
- NEW - New examples and problems covering safety, semiconductor processing, biology and biotechnology.
- Helps students master the contemporary and emerging disciplines that are of increasingly urgent importance.
- NEW - Reorganized into 29 flexible, modular chapters.
- Gives students and faculty members unprecedented flexibility in organizing their learning.
- Offers students start-to-finish resources for learning the principles of chemical engineering calculation, and using those principles to solve real problems.
- NEW - New coverage of degrees of freedom, process simulation, and unsteady state materials.
- Helps students focus on techniques that are rapidly increasing in importance.
- NEW - Updated Polymath software for solving linear/nonlinear/differential equations and regression problems.
- Gives students powerful software for virtually any chemical engineering calculation.
- NEW - New glossaries in every chapter.
- Makes it easier for students to understand key terms and concepts.
- Exceptionally broad coverage -- Thoroughly covers the behavior of gases, liquids, and solids, with detailed discussions of ideal/real gases, single component two-phase systems, gas-liquid systems, and more.
- Gives students insight into an exceptionally wide range of techniques and concepts.
- 200 supplementary problems -- Includes problems covering every key area of chemical engineering calculation -- half with solutions.
- Gives students hands-on practice with every type of chemical engineering calculation they are likely to encounter.
- Extensive self-assessment resources -- Includes self-assessment tests, thought/discussion problems, and homework problems.
- Provides constant feedback and reinforcement to ensure that students understand the calculations they will need to perform as professionals.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2004