on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
This book presents a totally nursing-focused framework to support the learning and teaching of pharmacology. It integrates core drug knowledge with core patient information, appropriately stressing the relationship between the two bodies of information.Edition/Copyright: 02
Unit I Principles and Process of Nursing Management in Drug Therapy
1. Nursing Management in Drug Therapy
2. Pharmaceuticals: Development, Safeguards, and Delivery
3. Drug Preparations and Administration
Unit II Core Drug Knowledge
4. Pharmacotherapeutics and Pharmacokinetics
6. Adverse Effects and Drug Interactions
Unit III Core Patient Variables
7. Life Span: Children
8. Life Span: Pregnant or Breast-Feeding Women
9. Life Span: Older Adults
10. Lifestyle: Substance Abuse
11. Lifestyle, Diet, and Habits: Nutritional Considerations
12. Environment: Influences on Drug Therapy
13. Culture: Considerations in Drug Therapy
Unit IV Peripheral Nervous System Drugs
14. Drugs Affecting Adrenergic Function
15. Drugs Affecting Cholinergic Function
Unit V Central Nervous System Drugs
16. Drugs Producing Anesthesia and Neuromuscular Blocking
17. Drugs that are Sedatives, Hypnotics, and Anxiolytics
18. Drugs for Treating Mood Disorders
19. Drugs for Treating Thought Disorders
20. Drugs for Treating Seizure Disorders
21. Drugs Affecting Muscle Spasm and Spasticity
22. Drugs for Treating Parkinson Disease and Other Movement Disorders
23. Drugs that Stimulate the Central Nervous System
Unit VI Drugs Used to Control Pain and Inflammation
24. Drugs that are Narcotic Analgesics
25. Drugs for Treating Fever and Inflammation
26. Drugs for Treating Arthritis and Gout
Unit VII Cardiovascular and Renal System Drugs
27. Drugs for Treating Congestive Heart Failure
28. Drugs Used to Treat Angina
29. Drugs Affecting Cardiac Output and Rhythm
30. Drugs Affecting Blood Pressure
31. Drugs Affecting Diuresis
Unit VIII Blood and Immune System Drugs
32. Drugs Affecting Coagulation
33. Drugs for Modifying Biologic Response
34. Drugs Affecting Lipid Levels
Unit IX Respiratory System Drugs
35.Drugs Affecting the Upper Respiratory System
36. Drugs Affecting the Lower Respiratory System
Unit X Gastrointestinal System Drugs
37. Drugs for Treating the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
38. Drugs for Treating the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract
Unit XI Endocrine System Drugs
39. Drugs Affecting Pituitary, Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Hypothalamic Function
40. Drugs Affecting Hormone Levels: Corticosteroids and their Antagonists
41. Drugs Affecting Blood Glucose Levels
42. Drugs Affecting Men's Health and Sexuality
43. Drugs Affecting Women's Health and Sexuality
44. Drugs Affecting Uterine Motility
Unit XII Antineoplastic Drugs
45. Cell Cycle-Specific Drugs
46. Cell Cycle-Nonspecific Drugs
Unit XIII Antimicrobial Drugs
47. Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy
48. Antibiotics Affecting the Bacterial Cell Wall
49. Antibiotics Affecting Protein Synthesis
50. Miscellaneous Antibiotics
51. Drugs for Treating Urinary Tract Infections
52. Drugs for Treating Mycobacterial Infections
53. Drugs for Treating Viral and Fungal Diseases
54. Drugs for Treating HIV and AIDS
55. Drugs for Treating Parasites
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.