Summary: Now you can help your students learn the principles of estate planning by working on the kind of problems clients actually present. Case Studies in Estate Planning with Abridged Student Forms gives students hands-on experience that will prepare them for practice. Edition/Copyright: 04
The authors make their book both efficient and effective:
To capture student attention, the book presents high-interest materials, such as:
- Case studies in every chapter emphasize problems that arise in the estate ...show moreplanning process.
- The principles of estate planning are first introduced, then demonstrated through short exercises and simulated client situations.
- Exercises and case studies explore a broad variety of issues for great flexibility in teaching.
- Each chapter begins with an overview, then moves to more detailed discussion of legal doctrines and principles.
- An electronic forms supplement on CD supports a drafting component to the course.
- The book progresses from fundamental to more sophisticated topics.
- Organization presents a life-cycle progression, reflecting the changing needs of clients from youth through old age.
- Coverage of federal tax issues can be omitted at the professor's discretion.
- End-of-chapter bibliographies provide extensive reference sources.
- Can be used with a variety of other material.
- Client conflicts of interest in diverse circumstances.
- Medical care directives, organ and tissue donations, and final arrangement instructions.
- Marital agreements.
- Transfer on death deeds.
- Asset protection techniques.
- Section 529 plans and other educational savings gift structures.
- Tax planning for retirement assets.
- Spend some time examining this new casebook and see for yourself how skillfully the authors help you lead students to enlightenment.
Publisher: Aspen Law
Year Published: 2004