Summary: Diversity in Early Care and Education (formerly Multicultural Issues In Child Care) explores the rich diversity encountered in programs and environments for children ages birth to 8, including those serving children with special needs. The emphasis is on the practical and immediate concerns of the early childhood professional and family service worker, though all information has strong theoretical support.
...show morepx;margin:0px;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 08
- Beyond "Multicultural": Moving from a multicultural to an equity emphasis, Gonzalez-Mena discusses diversity as it relates to the ''isms'' in race, gender, ability, religion, social class, and status.
- From "Child Care" to "Care and Education": The title reflects the fact that care and education always come as a package. The text offers practical applications for a range of situations encountered by such practitioners and administrators as:
- infant-toddler, preschool, primary teachers and program directors,
- special educators and early interventionists,
- social services and family support personnel,
- and family child care providers.
Cover: Download (ebook)
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2008