Summary: Nursing Care Plans, 6th Edition is the most comprehensive nursing care planning book on the market, with 183 care plans covering the most common nursing diagnoses and clinical problems in medical-surgical nursing. It reflects the most current clinical practice and professional standards in nursing and presents the content in an easy-to-use, reader-friendly format. The book functions as two books in one, with one section including a collection of nursing diagnosis car ...show moree plans and the other providing a library of disease/disorder care plans that serve as models of care planning for the most common medical diagnoses, medical procedures, and psychosocial conditions seen in nursing practice. Edition/Copyright: 08
- Includes the most extensive array of care plans found in any nursing care planning book, with 62 nursing diagnosis care plans and 121 disease/disorder/procedure care plans, for a total of 183.
- The nursing diagnosis care plan format includes a NANDA definition, a brief explanation of the diagnosis, related NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- The disorders care plan format includes synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a clear and succinct definition of the disorder, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NIC interventions and NOC outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Eye-catching icons distinguish collaborative from independent interventions.
- Covers adult lifespan issues and issues related to various healthcare settings to equip nurses for a broadrange of practice settings, from hospital to home.
- Provides an alphabetical list of NANDA diagnoses inside the front cover.
- Includes new disease/disorder care plans for SARS, Lyme disease, West Nile virus, and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Includes new nursing diagnosis care plans for risk for falls, latex allergy response, nausea, and impaired memory.
- A revised care plan format makes this user-friendly reference even easier to use.
- Updated and expanded rationales throughout reflect the latest clinical evidence and clinical practice guidelines.
- Incorporates the 2005-2006 NANDA nursing diagnoses throughout.
- NIC and NOC classifications reflect the latest editions of Nursing Interventions Classification and Nursing Outcomes Classification.
- Sample care plan clips in Chapter 1 help orient the user to the rest of the book.
- The expanded index includes entries for all nursing diagnoses, medical diagnoses, and synonyms for the medical diagnoses.
- An expanded Evolve website now features 18 Bonus Care Plans.
- The revised Online Care Plan Constructor includes the four new nursing diagnosis care plans and offers enhanced functionality, allowing users to save created care plans and export them to their word processing program.
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Year Published: 2008