Summary: Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care enables readers to analyze policy issues, enhance their political knowledge and skills, and prepare for leadership roles in policy-making and public health.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 07
This resource cultivates the development of valuable skills including political and policy analysis, conflict management, lobbying, the use of media, and working with communities for change. These abilities are essential for any nurse assuming a leadership rol ...show moree in todays changing health care environment.
- Solid breadth and depth of coverage of both policy and politics.
- Leading nurse experts in policy and politics as contributors.
- Diversity of styles, perspectives, and levels of content to appeal to diverse nursing audiences.
- Includes vignettes and case studies that describe nurses personal stories of involvement with policy and politics.
- Policy Spotlights that provide key information on specific policy issues such as complementary therapies, reimbursement, social security, childcare and Medicare issues and options.
- New Taking Action sections that highlight a policy issue or political strategy and provide nurses with examples of how they can take action.
- New Web Resource boxes including recommended website addresses for students to obtain additional information.
- Updated Vignettes detailing personal experiences, opportunities, and challenges facing a nurse in this career path.
- Updated Policy Spotlights focusing on policy issues such as Stem Cell Research, Medical Marijuana, Genetics, and Intimate Partner Violence.
- Evidence-Based Practice (research) and its impact on health care policy and politics is integrated where appropriate.
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2007