Summary: Benefits: Edition/Copyright: 5TH 05
- NEW! A new version of the Workbook/Lab Manual is available online in QUIA(TM) format, offering self-correcting activities and the convenience of a built-in gradebook.
- Yet another hallmark of the text is the process-oriented approach to writing. Since at this level, students are still struggling to acquire vocabulary and hone their writing skills in both first and second language, e ...show moreach lesson includes guided instruction to writing tasks. By the end of each chapter, students have completed a full composition ready for submission.
- The text places a strong emphasis on the development of vocabulary and useful phrases with ample occasion for practice. The visual cues and interesting topics of the activities stimulate language production as students work in pairs and groups to complete guided and open-ended activities. Students can also engage in meaningful communication when they read and answer the thought-provoking questions at the end of the Liens culturels sections.
- Vocabulary in BRAVO! is organized by themes and functions that reflect contemporary language use and that help students learn vocabulary in a meaningful way. Mise en pratique sections put it all together by showing how vocabulary is used in a practical context.
- Two types of readings are found in every chapter: cultural and literary. The Intermède culturel section contains colorful photos and addresses provocative topics, such as the Liberation of Quebec, technology in the 21st century, Immigration, Racism, the Unification of Europe, and others.
- Literary readings include canonical and contemporary writers. Accompanying activities reflect the latest research and provide techniques for reading and teaching literature at the intermediate level.
- BRAVO! features an unmatched organization that is enhanced by a stunning design. Each chapter is structured around an opening theme and is divided into three lessons, a synthesis section tied to a video, and a reading section. Chapter organization flows seamlessly, and each within each lesson, activities build nearly perfectly on one another.
- NEW! The book's dynamic, all-new design is replete with updated realia, cultural readings, and photos. Per reviewers' suggestions, the Intermède culturel has been updated with many new cultural and literary readings. Each reading is now better correlated to the chapter theme, includes suggested strategies to improve reading skills, and has expanded pre- and post-reading activities.
- NEW! New audio recordings and new opening conversation dialogues to stimulate better class discussion and conversation.
- NEW! A new video, tied to the text, reflects both French and Francophone lifestyles and models the functions, grammar, and vocabulary presented at the intermediate level. The Activités vidéo section in the Synthèse have been revised to reflect the completely new video filmed in various locations in France. Each carefully correlated video segment represents a teaching unit filled with drama, culturally authentic situations, and culturally appropriate language.
- NEW! The composition topics are now linked more closely to the BRAVO! Website and the Internet.
- NEW! The Book Companion Website includes a newly revised Activités Internet section, featuring self-correcting tutorial quizzes that provide immediate feedback on students' knowledge of new vocabulary and grammar structures, as well as the integrative Internet activities for each leçon.
- NEW! The Fifth Edition contains new cultural exploration activities that encourage students to create a portfolio of their cultural research on the Internet.
- NEW! A new Answer Key and Lab Audio Script is available, which provides the answers for the Workbook/Lab Manual along with the script to accompany the lab audio portion of the program.
- A hallmark of this book is the Grammaire à réviser. Every chapter opens with a section containing a targeted grammar review and brief review exercises that appear in the margins. These exercises allow you to conveniently do a quick review of essential grammar points before beginning a lesson.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Other Editions of Bravo! - With CD: