Summary: Regardless of your confidence with French, BRAVO! is a proven solution for success! The book's unique approach enables you to review first-year structures independently before you must master new material. BRAVO! helps you expand your linguistic and cultural knowledge through readings, audio recordings, specialized vocabulary development, and concise yet thorough grammar explanations. A variety of carefully crafted activities--all designed to build competence and confidence in using
spoken French in and out of the classroom--help you on your way.
Summary: Regardless of your confidence with French, BRAVO! is a proven solution for success! The book's unique approach enables you to review first-year structures independently before you must master new material. BRAVO! helps you expand your linguistic and cultural knowledge through readings, audio recordings, specialized vocabulary development, and concise yet thorough grammar explanations. A variety of carefully crafted activities--all designed to build competence and confidence in using spoken French in and out of the classroom--help you on your way. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:6TH 09 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc. Published: 01/03/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. HEUREUX DE FAIRE VOTRE CONNAISSANCE. Thme: Le voyage. La grammaire rviser: Les verbes: le prsent, Poser une question, L'impratif. Leon 1: Fonction: Comment saluer, se prsenter et prendre cong. Culture: Franais et Amricans. Langue: Les verbes irrguliers: suivre, courir, mourir, rire, conduire, savoir, connatre. Dossier personnel: Prparation. Leon 2: Fonction: vous de discuter. Culture: La vie prive. la vie publique. Langue: Les expressions de temps, Les noms. Dossier personnel: Premier brouillon. Leon 3: Fonction: Comment demander ou offrir un service. Culture: Demander un service. Langue: Le conditionnel. Dossier personnel: Deuxime brouillon. Synthse: Activits musicales, Parle-moi (Isabelle Boulay). Intermde culturel: Ils sont fous ces Franais. Pre et fille en voyage (Annie Ernaux).
2. JE T'INVITE Thmes: L'universit, L'invitation, La nourriture et les boissons. La grammaire rviser: Quelques verbes irrguliers: le prsent, Les articles, Les mots interrogatifs. Leon 1: Fonction: Comment inviter; comment accepter ou refuser une invitation. Culture: Les sorties entre copains. Langue: Les verbes irrguliers: boire, recevoir, offrir, plaire. Dossier personnel: Prparation. Leon 2: Fonction: Comment offrir boire ou manger. Culture: Les repas en France. Langue: Les articles: choisir l'article appropri. Dossier personnel: Premier brouillon. Leon 3: Fonction: Comment poser des questions et rpondre. Culture: Le bac. Langue: Les pronoms interrogatifs; quel et lequel. Dossier personnel: Deuxime brouillon. Synthse: Activits musicales: Dtention universitaire (Grard Genty). Intermde culturel: Les grandes coles. Le Petit Prince de Belleville (Calixthe Beyala).
3. QUI SUIS-JE? Thme: La famille; les rapports. La grammaire rviser: L'adjectif possessif, L'adjectif qualificatif, Les verbes pronominaux. Leon 1: Fonction: Comment identifier les objets et les personnes. Culture: La Famille. Langue: C'est vs. il/elle est, Les pronoms possessifs. Dossier personnel: Prparation. Leon 2: Fonction: Comment dcrire les objets et les personnes. Culture: La nouvelle image du couple. Langue: L'adjectif qualificatif, La position des adjectifs. Dossier personnel: Premier brouillon. Leon 3: Fonction: Comment dcrire la routine quotidienne et les rapports de famille. Culture: Les rapports entre parents et enfants. Langue: Les verbes pronominaux. Dossier personnel: Deuxime brouillon. Synthse: Activits musicales: Mon frre (Maxime Le Forestier). Intermde culturel: Allons, enfants de la patrie: la Rvolution franaise de 1789. Je t'pouse (Mariama B).
4. ON NE CROIRA JAMAIS CE QUI M'EST ARRIV... Thmes: Les vacances, Les moyens de transport, La douane, L'htel. La grammaire rviser: Le pass compos, L'imparfait, Le plus-que-parfait. Leon 1: Fonction: Comment dire qu'on se souvient/ne se souvient pas de quelque chose. Culture: Les transports. Langue: Le pass compos. Dossier personnel: Prparation. Leon 2: Fonction: Comment raconter une histoire. Culture: Les vacances. Langue: L'emploi de l'imparfait, L'emploi du pass compos, Comparaison entre l'imparfait et le pass compos. Dossier personnel: Premier brouillon. Leon 3: Fonction: Comment raconter une histoire (conclusion). Culture: La conversation franaise. Langue: L'emploi du plus-que-parfait. Dossier personnel: Deuxime brouillon. Synthse: Activits musicales: Minuit moins dix (Michel Sardou). Intermde culturel: Les chteaux. La Fanette (Jacques Brel).
5. EXPRIMEZ-VOUS! Thmes: Les mdias, (la presse, la tlvision, la radio). La grammaire rviser: Le subjonctif. Leon 1: Fonction: Comment dire ce que l'on veut. Culture: Les mdias. Langue: Le subjonctif: formation irrgulire, Le subjonctif: la volont. Dossier personnel: Prparation. Leon 2: Fonction: Comment exprimer les sentiments et les attitudes. Culture: La presse: les journaux; les magazines. Langue: Le subjonctif: l'motion, l'opinion et le doute, L'infinitif pour viter le su
View eBook Requirements
VitalSource Bookshelf ReaderMinimum System Requirements:
Windows 7/8, or Mac OS X 10.6 or above
eTextbooks and eChapters can be viewed by using the free reader listed below.
Be sure to check the format of the eTextbook/eChapter you purchase to know which reader you will need. After purchasing your eTextbook or eChapter, you will be emailed instructions on where and how to download your free reader.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed Internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
Click Here to access the VitalSource Bookshelf FAQ
View Digital Rights
VitalSource Bookshelf Copying: Allowed, 10 selections may be copied every 365 days Printing: Allowed, 10 prints for 365 days Expires: Yes, may be used for 365 days after activation Reading Aloud: Allowed Sharing: Not Allowed Min. Software Version: VitalSource Bookshelf Suitable Devices: PCs, Tablet PCs, Macs, Laptops
Digital Rights Management (DRM) Key
Copying - Books that cannot be copied will show "Not Allowed." Otherwise, this will detail the number of times it can be copied, or "Allowed with no limits."
Printing - Books that cannot be printed will show "Not Allowed." Otherwise, this will detail the number of times it can be printed, or "Allowed with no limits."
Expires - Books that have no expiration (the date upon which you will no longer be able to access your eBook) will read "No Expiration." Otherwise it will state the number of days from activation (the first time you actually read it).
Reading Aloud - Books enabled with the "text-to-speech" feature so that they can be read aloud will show "Allowed."
Sharing - Books that cannot be shared with other computers will show "Not Allowed."
Min. Software Version - This is the minimum software version needed to read this book.
Suitable Devices - Hardware known to be compatable with this book. Note: Reader software still needs to be installed.
SOME PAGE(S) MAYBE CREASED OR FOLDED AND/OR CURLED.
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
Yankee Clipper Books Windsor Locks, CT
Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Sail the Seas of Value
$5.99 +$3.99 s/h
Solr Books Skokie, IL
Annotated Instructor's Edition - Same content as Student Edition
$6.99 +$3.99 s/h
Roundabout Books Greenfield, MA
1413033024 Acceptable condition books may have significant underlining or marking, shallow tears, or may be otherwise good copies that have some bending. Hardcovers may be missing the dust jacket. We ...show moreship in recyclable American-made mailers. 100% money-back guarantee on all orders. ...show less
$14.95 +$3.99 s/h
omgtextbooks Pueblo West, CO
Boston, MA 2008 Other 6th ed. Good. Text in French, English.
$15.99 +$3.99 s/h
SUPER BOOKS Fort Mill, SC
Buy with Confidence. Excellent Customer Support. We ship from multiple US locations. No CD, DVD or Access Code Included.
$17.94 +$3.99 s/h
GreatBookPrices Montgomery, IL
Used, Acceptable Condition, may show signs of wear and previous use. Please allow 4-14 business days for delivery. 100% Money Back Guarantee, Over 1,000,000 customers served.
$19.00 +$3.99 s/h
Grafton Street Books ltd La Grange Park, IL
about 35 pages of highlighting and/or light pencil notes out of 490, less than 8% of the book, unbroken spine, light curling on corners of cover priority delivery required or,contact for quote on over...show morenight delivery otherwise Delivery cannot be guaranteed by December 24 when offered, Buyer to verify ISBN & Edition, Del. Confirm. on all US items ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.