This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The NEW Brief American Pageant presents a concise and vivid chronological narrative, focusing on the great public debates that have dominated American history. Colorful anecdotes, first-person quotations, and the text's trademark wit are all evident throughout.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 08
Completely revised in response to student and instructor feedback, the Seventh Edition features a colorful new single-column design that emphasizes accessibility and presents content in a clear, concise ...show more format. Focus questions, chapter outlines and summaries, marginal glossaries, and links to additional online study aids ensure that students understand and retain the material as they read and prepare for exams.
- New! Chapter outlines preview the material to follow, while chapter summaries allow students to synthesize key points and revisit topics that warrant further review.
- New! Upon overwhelmingly positive feedback from teachers and students, the authors have added more Examining the Evidence features, which present photographs, artifacts, or brief documents and demonstrate how historians analyze such evidence. New topics include Dress as Reform, Expansionist Stirrings South of the Border, Public Opinion Polling in the 1930s, and 1960.
- New! Chapter 40, "The Resurgence of Conservatism, 1980-1992," now concludes with the 1992 presidential election, while Chapter 41, "America Confronts the Post-Cold War Era, 1992-2004," details George W. Bush's presidency, terrorism, the War in Iraq, and the 2004 presidential election. In addition, post-World War II era coverage has been expanded from six to seven chapters.
- New! More attention has been given to the experiences and contributions of women, law, and the national economy in the antebellum period; the rise of colleges and universities; American involvement in Asia; and specific events such as the Seven Year's War, the Compromise of 1850, and the Cold War.
- New! The new brief edition presents Johnny Reb and Billy Yank, The Pioneering Pragmatists, and Scientists and Engineers as its new Makers of America. These essays focus on the diverse ethnic, racial, and activist groups that compose America's pluralistic society.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Brief American Pageant: