Summary: Broadcast Cable Copywriting is the most widely used text for learning how to write all types of copy for the electronic media. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 04
This text addresses the basic rules and techniques common to broadcast writing with a depth of coverage unmatched by its competitors, but without assuming any prior media writing, production, or advertising experience on the part of the reader. The Seventh Edition constructs an expansive communication context for copywriting: from ...show morebasic station IDs and liners to cross-media campaign creation. Along the way, the text introduces students to hundreds of current and classic examples of effective copywriting, including scripts, storyboards, and photoboards. Features :
New To This Edition :
- Deals with copywriting for electronic media exclusively while covering the subject in great depth and breadth so that both working professionals and students can use it as a "state of the discipline" guidebook to effective copy principles, format, and procedures.
- Begins with an orienting chapter that reveals copywriter work situations and concludes with a campaign creation chapter that pulls together the key techniques introduced throughout the book.
- Includes an entire chapter on copywriter tools including a detailed analysis of audio/visual punctuation.
- Includes more than 250 message examples, many of which are new to this edition, providing students with exposure to cutting edge creativity.
- Features a new discussion of account planning, shedding new light on the industry's effort to better understand audiences (Ch. 5).
- Intersperses discussions of Internet writing throughout the text, illustrating the interconnectedness of electronic media writing for the student.
- Includes updated content and referenced insights from top industry practitioners around the world to provide students with a broad range of examples.
- Highlights expanded coverage of spec writing and place-based media challenges, ncreasing reader familiarity with two of the best vehicles for initiating a copywriting career (Chs. 12 & 14).
- Includes additional and revised Instructor's Manual exercises to help the instructor better integrate and apply text-introduced principles.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Broadcast/ Cable Copywriting: