Summary: Don't let budgets get the best of you!Edition/Copyright: 2ND 05
Budgets-they can make or break an organization. They can also make or break the manager responsible for devising and monitoring the budget. Budgeting Basics and Beyond, Second Edition provides managers with a hassle-free resource that's guaranteed to make the budgeting process easier, less stressful, and more effective. This updated edition features new information on: service and nonprofit applications; types of finan ...show morecial models; Web-based budgeting and planning solutions; budgeting for service organizations; using budgeting to reduce departmental expenses; and much more!
From preparing and presenting budgets to monitoring results against budget figures and handling any budget problem that comes up, this Second Edition is a go-to reference for every budgeting issue, including helpful material on such topics as:
Packed with case studies, illustrations, exhibits, forms, checklists, graphs, samples, and worked-out solutions to a wide variety of budgeting, planning, and control problems, this Second Edition is both a handy desk reference and problem-solver for today's financial and nonfinancial managers in public practice and private industry. ...show less
- Techniques for preparing more accurate, realistic, and reliable estimates
- Control and variance analysis devices that signal revenue, cost, and operations thresholds
- Pricing guidelines for products and services
- Planning and scheduling production and related costs
- Profit planning and identifying looming problems
- Financial models that show the relationship among all facets of the business
- Spreadsheet applications for planning, budgeting, and control purposes
- Implication of active financial planning software
- Sales and financial forecasting methodology
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Other Editions of Budgeting Basics And Beyond: