Summary: This successful developmental English text and workbook guides students from manageable units of language to increasingly more complex sentences. Emphasizing sentence construction rather that sentence analysis, the text includes a wealth of exercises that help students practice their newly acquired skills.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 95
- Augmented "Suggestions for Writing" given at the end of each chapter to encourage students ...show moreto write and to introduce them to writing as a process.
- Eliminates explanatory content and exercises not suited to the beginning writer and simplifies explanations wherever possible.
- Adds a new chapter (8) to serve as an introduction to the concepts of subordination and coordination within the paragraph as well as within the sentence.
- Stresses essentials by providing students with all the basic rules and guidelines necessary to write clear and correct sentences.
- Freshens and revises exercises throughout.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1995