Summary: The language of medicine is complex, but learning it doesn't have to be. Using a conversational writing style and a logical, programmed approach, Building a Medical Vocabulary with Spanish Translations, 8th Edition starts with common words you hear everyday and adds new root words, prefixes, and suffixes to introduce you to key medical terminology. Additionally, this valuable text comes with a wealth of engaging review tools - such as interactive games, sound ...show morefiles, and Programmed Learning sections - to enhance your understanding of textbook terms and principles, polish your pronunciation skills, and help you get comfortable communicating in the language of health care. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 12
- Programmed Learning sections allow you to actively participate in learning and get instant feedback on your progress.
- Thorough explanation of terms presents vocabulary in the context of medical settings to improve your understanding and term recall.
- Consistent format in body systems chapters categorizes terms as anatomic, diagnostic, or therapeutic to acquaint you with the type of discussion that is occurring in health care reports.
- Direct, conversational writing style makes reading and absorbing the material enjoyable.
- Bookmark pronunciation guide doubles as a device to cover the answer column while working in the Programmed Learning sections of the text.
- Health Care Reports and case studies encourage you to apply your knowledge to job-like situations.
- Be Careful with These caution boxes highlight important distinctions you need to make among terms that are similar in spelling and/or pronunciation.
- Function First sections introduce you to physiology and why each body system is important.
- Moderate A&P coverage provides just the right amount of information you need to understand body
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Other Editions of Building a Medical Vocabulary: With Spanish Translations: