Summary: For Business Data Communications, Data Communications, and introductory Networking for Business courses. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 05
The fifth edition of this popular text presents the fundamental concepts of data communications, networking, distributed applications, and network management and security; it relates specifically to the business environment and business management. Includes up-to-date coverage of key issues for the business student--high-speed networks, asychronous tran ...show moresfer mode (ATM) and TCP/IP, and the use of the Internet, intranets, and extranets support business objectives.
- NEW-Coverage of innovation and improvements in the field--Includes comprehensive coverage of the changes that have taken place since the last edition.
- Provides students with the most up-to-date text available.
- NEW-Top-down organization--Changed in response to user feedback.
- Gives students greater emphasis on the Internet and on applications.
- NEW-Clarified and tightened narrative--Includes improved illustrations.
- Enables students to easily understand the concepts presented in the text.
- NEW-New, field-tested problems.
- Provides students with improved pedagogy.
- NEW-New material on the Internet.
- Keeps students' technologically aware by including material on the organization and operation of the Internet.
- NEW-LANs and WANs--Provides a new two-part organization, providing greater detail and including an increased emphasis on wireless networks.
- Reflects for students the developments in standards and technology that have occurred.
- Detailed examination of intranets, extranets, and client/server computing.
- Provides students with information about how this technology for corporate data communication works, allowing them to understand their functions.
- Real-world case studies.
- Shows students how companies have dealt with the issues, problems, and opportunities presented by communications and network technology.
- Numerous questions, homework problems, and worked-out examples.
- Offers students a chance to apply and test their knowledge.
- Tables and figures.
- Helps students clarify concepts to aid in comprehension.
- Suggested readings--Included at the end of each chapter.
- Encourages students to further explore topics of interest.
Cover: Download (ebook)
Publisher: Vitalsource Technologies, Inc.
Year Published: 2005